Special Flex Joint Filling
IŞIKLAR Coating Brick Special Flex Joint Filling Mortar is a flex joint filling mortar which has cement based polymer additive reduced water absorption and high abrasion resistance and improved quality (CG2 WA CLASS).
It is the joint filling mortar which is used in filling the joints of horizontal and vertical surfaces of the structure of the interior and exterior of Brick, wall and floor tiles, ceramic tiles, slabs, marble and natural stone (5–15 mm).
IŞIKLAR Coating Brick Special Flex Joint filling has 7 attactive colors; Grey Black, Brown, Beige, Kremlin, Red, White, Gray.
Preparation of the surface and mixture
- The joints must be purified from dust, grease and dirt.
- The joints are cleaned with wire brush and sponge which is appropriate to the thickness of the material.
- The joints are cleaned with a wet sponge.
- Işıklar Flex Joint Filling shall be added to a container containing clean and cold water in the following ratio and is mixed until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. During mixture, formation of lumps should be prevented immediately.
- The homogenous mixture is rested for 5-10 minutes and then is stirred for 30 seconds, it is ready to use.
|Mixing Ratio||Resting Time||Standby time of the mortar in the bucket|
|4-5 liters of water for 20 kg Adhesive||5–10 min.||Max. 1 hour|
- IŞIKLAR Coating Brick Special Flex Joint Filler is applied with joint gun for coating bricks.
- The mixture shall be used in maximum 1 hour. The mortar with expired workability cannot be used by adding water, and the dry mixture.
- The pot life of the material is 1-1.5 hours after being prepared.
- The filled coating materials shall be hallowed with rubber end spatula. After 30-45 minutes the joints are finalized by being cleaned with wer sponge.
- After drying, it is polished with a dry cloth.
REFERENCE STANDARD TS EN 13888–2010,03
- CLASS : ( CG2 WA ) FLEX JINT FILLING DERZ DOLGU HARCI
- DRY ENVIRONMENT PRESSURE RESISTANCE : ≥15 M P a
- DRY ENVIRONMENT BENDING STRENGHT : ≥2,5 M P a
- PRESSURE RESISTANT AFTER FROST- SOLVENT CYCLES : ≥15 M P a
- BENDING STRENGTH AFTER FROST- SOLVENT CYCLES : ≥2,5M P a
- CONTRACTION RATE : ≤ 3 mm / m
- HIGH WEAR RESISTANCE : ≤ 1000 mm³
- REDUCED ABSORPTION RATE : ≤ 2 GR AFTER 30 MINUTES - ≤ 5 GR AFTER 240 MINUTES
- CONSUMPTION : 4-5 kg/m²/mm depending on the usage
- + 5 °C - + 35 °C ideal application temperature.
- Do not make any applications beside specified guidelines and instructions.
- Production date is the date stamped on the product.
- Batch and serial number is the same with the date of manufacture.
- It should be kept in krapt bags of 20 Kg, on wooden pallets and the packing height shall be maximum 10 bags and in dry environments.
- The bags which are not opened in appropriate storage conditions, must be consumed within 1 year as of the date of manufacture. It is recommended to consume within 1 week after opening the bag.