Special Flex Adhesive Mixture
Işıklar Flex Adhesive is a cement-based, reduced polymer-modified slip specification adhesve and has high adhesion specification and it is in C2 T classr.
It is used in attaching coating materials like coating brick, foloor and wall tiles, natural stones on horizontal and vertical surfaces of interior and exterior facades of the buildings.
Surface Preparation and Mixture
- After repairing broken, cracked surfaces with Işıklar Repair Mortar, a smooth surface must be obtained.
- The surface to be attached shall be purified from the materials like dust, dirt, grease and paint.
- In the areas exposed to sun, wind and heat, the application area should be moistened.
- Işıklar Flex Adhesive shall be added to a container containing clean and cold water in the following ratio and is mixed until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. During mixture, formation of lumps should be prevented immediately.
- The homogenous mixture is rested for 5-10 minutes and then is stirred for 30 seconds, it is ready to use.
Reference Standard TS EN 12004: 2007 +A1 ( APRIL 2013 )
- CLASS : C2 T
- CRUSTATION TIME : Max 20 min.
- INITIAL TENSILE ADHESION STRENGHT : ≥ 1 N / mm²
- TENSILE STRENGHT AFTER IMMERSION IN WATER : ≥ 1 N / mm²
- TENSILE ADHESION STRENGHT AFTER WETTING WITH WATER : ≥ 1 N / mm²
- FROST - TENSILE ADHESION STRENGHT SOLVENT CYCLE : ≥ 1 N / mm²
- TENSILE ADHESION STRENGTH AFTER KEEPING TIME (20 min) : ≥ 0.5 N / mm²
- SLIP DETERMINATION : < 0, 5 mm
- FIRE REACTION CLASS : A1
|Mixing Ratio||Resting Time||Standby Time of the Mortar In The Bucket|
|6 liters of water for 25 kg Adhesive||5–10 min.||Max. 2 – 3 hour|
- Işıklar Special Flex Adhesive is applied, harrowed to the surface with a steel trowel of 3–15 mm Thickness.
- Coating materials must be attached to the harrowed mixture within latest 30 minutes.
- For the attachment of Coating materials to the surface, it is hit on them with the rubber mallet.
- The adhesive process cannot be made after exceeding the workability period. In this case, the mortar shall be scraped from the surface and the application shall be repeated.
- Prepared mixture should be consumed within 2-3 hours. The mortar with expired workability cannot be used by adding water, and the dry mixture.
- The joints must be filled with ISIKLAR Special Flex Joint Filer at the end of the below period.
|Waste||Open Waiting Time||Ideal Application Temperature||
|4–5 kg / m²||max 20 min.||+ 5 °C - + 35 °C||
- Avoid contact with eye, mouth and skin for containing cement.
- Do not add any additives to mortar (sand, cement).
- Do not make any applications beside specified guidelines and instructions.
- Production date is the date stamped on the product.
- Batch and serial number is the same with the date of manufacture.
- It should be kept in krapt bags of 25 Kg, on wooden pallets and the packing height shall be maximum 10 bags and in dry environments.
- The bags which are not opened in appropriate storage conditions, must be consumed within 1 year as of the date of manufacture.
- It is recommended to consume within 1 week after opening the bag.